Natural Products Expo West® is the world’s biggest exhibition of natural and organic products. Held each year at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, this event showcases the latest in natural products. Featured are:
- Food and beverages
- Home and beauty
- Nutrition and supplements
In 2020, the event runs from March 3 to 7. There are five days of education sessions and events and four days of trade show exhibitions.
There’s also an associated East Coast event, the Natural Products Expo East®. In 2020 this event will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from September 23 to 26.
Why Exhibit at Natural Products Expo West?
Natural Products Expo West is consistently attended by tens of thousands of people, and thousands of exhibitors. It’s packed with opportunities to learn and connect with new leads and contacts. The 39th annual expo, held in March 2019, attracted more than 86,000 visitors from 136 countries. This event is huge and continues to grow every year. Of the 3,600 exhibitors at the 2019 event, over 600 were attending for the first time.
This stand-out event is ideal for any business in the natural products industry. It’s a place to meet with existing customers and find new ones, network, and make new industry contacts. You can find new buyers, distributers, or investors, or to launch a new product. For new businesses, it’s a great way to introduce a new brand or increase brand awareness.
A large number of top buyers send representatives to Natural Products Expo West, including:
- Costco Wholesale®
- Earth Fare®
- Natural Grocers
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods Market
- And more
The 2020 Line-Up
This event is always a busy one! Along with thousands of exhibitors and a huge number of attendees, there are education sessions and speakers too. The 2020 lineup is packed and sure to entice huge numbers of attendees through the doors.
Education Sessions and Exhibitor Seminars
Education sessions at Natural Products Expo West center on topics of interest to manufacturers, retailers, suppliers, and investors. Sessions run over four days, from March 4 to 7.
Exhibitor-presented seminars include:
- General Mills
- Mondelēz International
- North American Herb & Spice
- And more
And there are some full-day education tracks that go in-depth into a few hand-picked topics:
- Natural Products Business School – A full day of networking and education designed for new and emerging brands. It provides opportunities for connecting with providers, investors, and more.
- Natural Products Hemp & CBD Summit – Topics include selecting quality hemp and CBD products, consumer education, and preparing for product regulation.
- UC Davis Education Track – Featuring faculty members from UC Davis and others, it covers microorganisms in food production and related subjects, such as safety and sustainability.
Events at Natural Products Expo West
Events are scheduled throughout the week of the Expo, including exhibitor events and after-show dinners and networking sessions. Events include:
- Climate Day – Join industry leaders and keynote speakers for a day-long session with workshops, networking events, and more. Scheduled for March 3.
- Fresh Ideas Organic Marketplace – A meet-and-greet event with leading organic producers and manufacturers
- Ingredients & Supply Chain Celebration
- Hall of Legends Award Celebration – Celebrating industry leaders and announcing new NEXTY Gold winners—new brands that represent innovation and integrity in the industry.
The 2020 speaker lineup includes a wide range of people, from academics to senior-level executives. Speakers include:
- Kyria Boundy-Mills, Curator, Phaff Yeast Culture Collection at the Department of Food Science & Technology, UC Davis
- Erin Callahan, Director, The Climate Collaborative™
- Lara Dickinson, Executive Director & Co-Founder, OSC2
- Glen Fox, Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting & Brewing Sciences at the Department of Food Science & Technology, UC Davis
- Alyssa Harding, Executive Director, Sustainable Food Trade Association
- Jeni Lamb Rogers JD, MS, Partner, PSL Law Group
- Todd Runestad, Senior Editor, Ingredients & Supplements, New Hope Network™/Natural Products Insider
- Carolyn Slupsky, Professor, Department of Nutrition, UC Davis
- Luxin Wang, Assistant Professor, Department of Food Science & Technology, UC Davis
How to Focus Your Exhibit Design to Attract Leads
At an event that’s dedicated to natural and organic products, the key to a great booth is to stay true to the theme. One way to do this is with a design that evokes the harmony of nature or brings its beauty and utility. (Learn how Stikwood did that with their award-winning exhibit here.) Alternatively, your booth design might depict people using your products in outdoors or home-like settings.
- Pick natural or natural-looking materials over synthetic ones
- If natural materials aren’t possible, keeping your booth design simple and fuss-free can have a similar effect.
- Be subtle with lighting, and avoid garish displays – Lightboxes can be a good way to create subtle lighting effects that aren’t too harsh. They’re also great for highlighting products.
- Enhance your décor naturally; there’s no need to go high-tech just for the sake of it – Artificial plants look amazingly lifelike and make a great no-maintenance substitute for the real thing.
- Highlight product displays – At a products expo, your products are what everyone’s interested in. Your booth should make the nature of your products readily apparent. Nobody should have to play 20 Questions to figure out what you’re offering.
Make New Contacts at Natural Products Expo West
The size of this annual natural products expo coupled with the wide range of exhibitors and attendees means it’s not to be missed! If you’re in the natural products industry, this is the place to make contacts and find new leads.
Once you decide to exhibit at Natural Products Expo West, choose ProExhibits to make your vision come to life. Because we’re nearby, you’ll save on transportation costs and benefit from our local contacts. Most importantly, we’ve been building outstanding exhibits for Natural Products Expo West for over 15 years. We know the venue, and we know what catches the eyes of attendees. When you exhibit at a show of this size, you need to stand out in the crowd!