Natural Products Expo West® is the world’s biggest exhibition of natural and organic products. Held each year at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, this event showcases the latest in natural products. Featured are:
- Food and beverages
- Home and beauty
- Nutrition and supplements
In 2023 the event runs from March 7 to 11.
There’s also an associated East Coast event: Natural Products Expo East®. The next iteration of this event runs from September 28 to October 1, 2022 in Philadelphia, PA at the Philadelphia Convention Center.
Why Exhibit at Natural Products Expo West?
Natural Products Expo West is consistently attended by tens of thousands of people, as well as thousands of exhibitors. It’s packed with opportunities to learn and connect with new leads and contacts. The 41st annual expo, held in March2022, was the event’s return to the in-person format and attracted more than 57,000 visitors and over 2,700 exhibitors.
In 2022 National Products Expo West® was held as a hybrid trade show, allowing exhibitors the opportunity to exhibit both live and virtually. The virtual arm of the show was a huge success, with over 25,000 active users and nearly 30,000 virtual booth visits.
This stand-out event is ideal for any business in the natural products industry. It’s a place to meet with existing customers and find new ones, network, and make new industry contacts. You can find new buyers, distributers, or investors, or launch a new product. For new businesses, it’s a great way to introduce a new brand or increase brand awareness.
Attendees at Natural Products Expo West are people from all over the industry, including:
- Retailers: 28%
- Distributors: 27%
- Industry members: 24%
- Health practitioners: 10%
- Food service: 8%
- Press: 3%
A large number of top buyers send representatives to Natural Products Expo West, including 2022 retail partners such as:
- Costco Wholesale®
- Earth Fare®
- Fresh Direct Kroger®
- National Grocers Coop™
- Sam’s Club
- Sprouts Farmers Market®
- Starbucks Coffee
- Williams Sonoma
- And more
The 2023 Line-Up
This event is always a busy one! Along with thousands of exhibitors and a huge number of attendees, there are education sessions and speakers too. The lineup is always packed with inspiring keynotes, valuable presentations, and education sessions that entice huge numbers of attendees, through the venue doors and online.
Education Sessions and Exhibitor Seminars
Education sessions at Natural Products Expo West typically center on topics of interest to manufacturers, retailers, suppliers, and investors. In 2023 sessions run over four days, from March 8 to 11.
Along with exhibitor-presented seminars and shorter education sessions, there are some full-day education tracks that go in-depth into a few hand-picked topics. For instance, Natural Products Expo West typically features the Natural Products Business School. This mini-event is a full day of networking and education designed for new and emerging brands. It provides opportunities for connecting with providers, investors, and more.
In previous years, topics have included help and CBD, and the UC Davis Education Track, a featured track covering microorganisms in food production.
Make sure to keep an eye on the Natural Products Expo West website for more information about the event agenda as it becomes available!
Events at Natural Products Expo West
Events are scheduled throughout the week of the Expo, including exhibitor events and after-show dinners and networking sessions. Events that are typically featured at Natural Products Expo West include:
- Climate Day – Join industry leaders and keynote speakers for a day-long session with workshops, networking events, and more.
- Fresh Ideas Organic Marketplace – A meet-and-greet event with leading natural and organic producers and manufacturers
- Hall of Legends Award Celebration – Celebrating industry leaders and announcing new NEXTY Gold winners—new brands that represent innovation and integrity in the industry.
The Natural Products Expo West speaker lineup features a wide range of people, including executives, academics, and others.
In 2022 keynotes included:
- Raising the Standard: Clean, Healthy Nutrition for All Kids, featuring a
discussion with actress and Once Upon a Farm™ Co-Founder Jennifer Garner
- The Joy of Plant-Based Eating with influencer Tabitha Brown
- The Color of Food: Navigating Cultural Appropriation, Ownership and Heritage in the Food
How to Focus Your Exhibit Design to Attract Leads
At an event that’s dedicated to natural and organic products, the key to a great booth is to stay true to the theme. One way to do this is with a design that evokes the harmony of nature or brings its beauty and utility. (Learn how Stikwood did that with their award-winning exhibit here.) Alternatively, your booth design might depict people using your products in outdoors or home-like settings.
- Pick natural or natural-looking materials over synthetic ones.
- If natural materials aren’t possible, keeping your booth design simple and fuss-free can have a similar effect.
- Be subtle with lighting, and avoid garish displays – Lightboxes can be a good way to create subtle lighting effects that aren’t too harsh. They’re also great for highlighting products.
- Enhance your décor naturally; there’s no need to go high-tech just for the sake of it – Artificial plants look amazingly lifelike and make a great no-maintenance substitute for the real thing.
- Highlight product displays – At a products expo, your products are what everyone’s interested in. Your booth should make the nature of your products readily apparent. Nobody should have to play 20 Questions to figure out what you’re offering.
Virtual Extensions for Exhibitors
Natural Products Expo West introduced the virtual extension via the Natural Products Expo Virtual Community, a platform that serves the natural products industry year-round.
In 2022 this platform attracted over 25,000 users, who collectively made nearly 30,000 virtual booth visits. The audience breakdown for virtual attendees is similar to that of the live event venue, making it an effective option for exhibitors who want to extend their reach at this event.
Make New Contacts at Natural Products Expo West
The size of this annual natural products expo coupled with the wide range of exhibitors and attendees means it’s not to be missed! If you’re in the natural products industry, this is the place to make contacts and find new leads.
Once you decide to exhibit at Natural Products Expo West, choose ProExhibits to make your vision come to life. Because we’re nearby, you’ll save on transportation costs and benefit from our local contacts. Most importantly, we’ve been building outstanding exhibits for Natural Products Expo West for over 15 years, and we’re at the forefront of designing fantastic virtual exhibits. We know the venue, and we know what catches the eyes of attendees. When you exhibit at a show of this size, you need to stand out in the crowd!