In the travel industry it’s vital to stay abreast of best practices, current trends, and customer preferences. There’s no better way to keep up with the competition than keeping a close eye on what they’re up to! Travel trade shows offer the chance to do just that, plus network, generate leads, and learn about and teach others about opportunities in the global travel market.
1. Global Business Travel Association
Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is one of the biggest business travel expo events on the calendar, with 465 exhibitors and over 7,000 attendees from more than 50 countries.
This event is too good to pass up! But don’t take our word for it…
GBTA notes that 95% of travel buyer attendees say the event influences which suppliers they choose to work with. Seventy percent of buyers say they’re looking for new suppliers at GBTA, and those buyers choose an average of three new suppliers each.
The GBTA event offers a stellar education and speaker lineup every year, ensuring attendees always have something incredible to look forward to:
- Five days of general and education sessions in professional development, including the Global Leadership Program
- Curated speakers and experts in five main topics: the state of the industry, the future of work, sustainability, diversity equity and inclusion, and wellness and balance
- Three-day expo
- More than 100 educational events in both fundamental and advanced tracks, with GTP credits
The 2022 theme was: Reconnect, Reimagine, Recreate, the future of business travel, and 2022 speakers included:
- Lee Palmer Turner, Travel Manager of MGM Studios
- Beth Sullivan, Global Head of Travel for Bank of America
- JoeBen Bevirt, Founder and CEO of Joby Aviation
Previous years’ panels have included:
- Successful Women Leading in Business Travel
- Challenges of Security in Today’s Volatile World
- Turning the Tables – Buyers Take Center Stage
- The Impact of Industry Consolidation on Business Travel
In 2022, the GBTA Expo was held over August 14 to 17 at the San Diego Convention Center. This event is always a stand-out, and attendees and exhibitors are looking forward to bigger and better in 2023!
LEARN MORE: https://convention.gbta.org/
2. IMEX America in Las Vegas, NV
IMEX America is a big deal in the business meetings sector of the global travel industry. This event is immense, with 2.25 million square feet of exhibition space and more than 2,200 exhibitors from over 190 countries.
IMEX America also includes:
- More than 3,400 buyers and decision-makers from over 130 countries – More than two-thirds of hosted buyers have budgets over $1 million.
- Over 200 education and networking events – These include small-group sessions, expert clinics, research groups, and seminars.
- Previous keynote speakers have included Phil Hansen, Julius Solaris, Kelly McDonald, Michele Gielan, and Paul Smith.
- A free online appointment system to help you schedule meetings and events
- Smart Monday, an IMEX-hosted event for all registered attendees – Smart Monday (October 10) is a day of free education and networking and social events.
In 2022 IMEX America runs from October 11 to 13 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The keynote lineup will be revealed any day now, so make sure to keep checking the event website.
LEARN MORE: https://www.imexamerica.com/
3. World Travel Market in London, UK
The World Travel Market London is one of the world’s biggest international travel industry events, generating around $3.4 billion in business for its 40,000+ attendees and exhibitors. In 2022 the event will showcase the changes that the travel industry has undergone in the last two years and how the new consumer market has reshaped the industry from the ground up. It promises to be a hugely exciting event, full of potential for attendees and exhibitors alike.
In 2022 the World Travel Market London is at the Exhibition Center London from November 7 to 9.
LEARN MORE: https://www.wtm.com/london/en-gb.html
4. Travel & Adventure Show® in Los Angeles, CA
LA’s Travel & Adventure Show is geared towards the world travel and tourism industry. The exhibitors include travel vendors, tour operators, and other customer-facing professionals. For exhibitors, it’s a prime chance to interact with large numbers of consumers and build brand awareness.
The LA Travel & Adventure Show is one of the country’s biggest consumer travel events, with tens of thousands of visitors every year. This travel expo features more than 350 worldwide destinations, and even more vendors. There are also door prizes and giveaways, educational seminars, cultural demonstrations, and other family-friendly activities. And in 2023 some of the world’s best-known travel celebrities will be in attendance, including:
- The Points Guy Brian Kelly
- Peter Greenberg
- Pauline Frommer
- Wendy Alexander
- And more
It’s the perfect tourist trap for travel-loving people of all kinds—and a must for consumer-oriented vendors.
The LA Travel & Adventure Show runs from February 18 to 19, 2023 at Los Angeles Convention Center (South Halls JK) in LA.
For exhibitors looking for opportunities in other parts of the country, don’t forget that The Travel & Adventure Show is itself a traveling show! The full series of events also includes shows in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Denver, Atlanta, and New York, plus San Diego and San Francisco. Most are returning in 2023, with dates in the first quarter.
LEARN MORE: https://travelshows.com/shows/los-angeles/
FULL SHOW SERIES: https://travelshows.com/shows/
5. International Travel Goods Show in Las Vegas, NV
The International Travel Goods Show features over 200 exhibitors and 4,800 attendees from more than 35 countries. It’s the world’s biggest travel products expo, and this makes it the place to go for vendors and buyers in the travel merchandise industry. This trade fair is hosted by the Travel Goods Association, which includes manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers of travel products, consumer and business luggage, and business and travel accessories.
The event features 2,000 product lines and 40,000 products, and every year it sets tones and trends for the travel seasons to come. With products for everyone from solo backpackers to adventure-seekers to tourists and business travelers, this event offers opportunities for travel goods vendors and buyers of all stripes.
The next International Travel Goods Show is scheduled for April 2 to 3 in 2023 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
LEARN MORE: http://thetravelgoodsshow.org/
6. U.S. Travel Association’s IPW®
IPW showcases the best of the U.S. and works to strengthen the country’s reputation as a leading travel destination. This event is the U.S.’s biggest inbound travel industry trade expo, resulting in $5.5 billion in travel into the country. It attracts over 6,200 travel professionals, and more than 100,000 business appointments are made at this one event.
Planning is underway for the 2023 event, and if previous events are anything to go by, it will be a big one! Expect thousands of exhibitors and attendees, including domestic and international buyers and travel journalists from over 70 countries and 1,000 travel organizations.
To prepare for the show, exhibitors and attendees can use the IPW Online Marketplace for virtual networking and pre-event research.
The 2023 U.S. Travel Association’s IPW will run from May 20 to 24 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
LEARN MORE: https://www.ipw.com/
Ensure Your Success at Your Next Travel Trade Show!
If you’re exhibiting at any of these travel events, prepare for success by registering early to get your pick of locations on the floor. With an attention-grabbing exhibit design and your marketing message perfected, you’ll generate all the leads you can handle!
Find even more fantastic upcoming events, using our Trade Show Calendar.