The event calendar is packed with a wide range of military expos and defense conferences. From small, local tabletop expos to huge international events, there are lots of opportunities for exhibitors of tech and defense-focused products. If you’re looking for a defense conference or military expo to attend, we have you covered.
1. NCSI® Tech Expos Multiple Locations
Every year, the organization National Conference Services, Inc. hosts over 100 tabletop defense technology expos, all over the world. These events are located at U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence and Federal Agency sites, both in the U.S. and overseas. These mini-expos typically last around 4 hours and feature between 20 and 50 exhibitors. They’re small, hyperlocal events but provide good opportunities to meet and engage area agencies. Attending agencies include:
- Air Force
For a comprehensive list of upcoming NCSI Tech Expos, check out the NCSI Event Calendar.
LEARN MORE: https://www.militaryexpos.com/
2. Law Enforcement-Homeland Security Forum & Technology Exposition
Hosted by the National Reconnaissance Office, this forum and tech expo is held over three days from November 29 to December 1, 2022. This year it’s at the JD Hill Conference Center in Chantilly, VA.
In 2022 this event features keynotes, panel discussions, and presentations on topics in:
- Federal law enforcement
- Homeland security
- Broader national security issues
You can also expect:
- A full-day expo on November 30, including an afternoon networking event
- Opportunities to meet with forum attendees and National Reconnaissance Office personnel
- Exhibits in fields relating to counterintelligence, data mining and analytics, big data, mobile security, and more. See here for a full list of requested technologies.
LEARN MORE: https://www.ncsi.com/event/lehs/
3. DoDDIIS Worldwide
DoDDIIS is the Department of Defense Intelligence Information System Worldwide Conference. In 2022 it’s in San Antonio, TX, from December 12 to 15, at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center. DoDDIS is one of the premier conferences in the defense world. It has a long history of presenting distinguished speakers and innovative solutions.
The attendees of this conference are tech experts, innovators, and senior decision makers. They represent the Department of Defense; the intelligence community; and academia, industry, and the Five Eyes Alliance (FVEY). It’s a widely representative cross-section of the defense community, making it a must for many exhibitors.
- 400+ exhibitors, including 27% first-time exhibitors, representing 50+ product categories
- 3,000+ attendees, from DoD and the federal government, industry, and academia
- 74% of government attendees in decision-making and leadership roles
- Attendees from a range of sectors, including information technology/security, cyber defense, data analysis, engineering, intelligence, linguistics, network administration, sciences, security, systems administration, software engineering, and more
- 76% of attendees spend at least two hours in the exhibit hall.
LEARN MORE: https://www.ncsi.com/event/dodiis/
4. Shot Show
Shot Show is an event for law enforcement and armed forces. It’s the country’s biggest dedicated exhibit of firearms, protective equipment, and tactical accessories for this audience. Along with the exhibition, it includes education tracks, training sessions, and networking events. Shot Show is on the calendar for a huge chunk of suppliers and takes place over January 17 to 20, 2023 at the X in Las Vegas, featuring:
- 40,000+ attendees from over 100 countries
- 2,000+ exhibitors, including a new product showcase
- Tabletop exhibitor section, perfect for smaller businesses and new exhibitors
LEARN MORE: https://shotshow.org/
5. Border Security Expo®
In 2023 Border Security Expo will be held on April 26 and 27 in San Antonio, TX. It’s attended by law enforcement agencies at the local, state, federal, and international levels. This makes it valuable for a wide range of exhibitors. The event includes a conference program with keynote speakers and expert-led panels, along with the exhibit hall.
- Attendees include government decision makers and senior-level defense executives. They come from dozens of local, state, federal, and international agencies.
- 65% of attendees make or recommend final purchasing decisions.
- Buyers are 34% federal government, 40% private sector, 14% state and local government, and 12% other government agencies.
- Dozens of agencies are represented. These include border control, aviation, Air Force, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Homeland Security, and more.
- Exhibitors come from wide-ranging industries, including armor, armored vehicles, biohazard detection, biometrics, electronic ID systems, GPS, intelligence, motion detection, sensors and scanning, wireless tech and communications, and more.
LEARN MORE: https://www.bordersecurityexpo.com/
6. Sharpshooter Classic & Demo Day
Border Security Expo is followed by a demonstration day held at a nearby outdoor location. As of 2022 the event is located in Falfurrias, TX, at La Copa Ranch.
This demo day is a sharpshooting competition event and live-action day that focuses on hands-on activities. It gives exhibitors a chance to showcase products in an active setting. It’s particularly valuable for exhibitors offering products that are used “on the ground.”
Keep an eye on the Sharpshooter Classic & Demo Day website for updates about the event in 2023.
LEARN MORE: https://www.demoday-bse.com/
Sea-Air-Space is the biggest maritime expo in the country. In 2023 it’s at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Washington, D.C., from April 3 to 5. There’s also an associated STEM expo at the venue, on April 2, that’s open to the public. The agenda typically includes numerous keynote speakers, presentations, and professional development opportunities. Plus, there are education-focused sessions, networking, and more.
- It’s the largest maritime exposition in the U.S.
- Attendees come from government agencies and the private sector. They include key military decision makers in maritime agencies and services.
- Network and connect with policymakers, purchasing agents, and end-users.
LEARN MORE: https://seaairspace.org/
8. ILA Berlin Airshow
ILA Berlin is the world’s biggest event for the international aerospace market. It’s an important one to attend if you’re looking to enter this market. This five-day trade show brings together aerospace and aviation experts from government agencies and the private sector. They’re in industries such as:
- Defense and support
- Future tech
- And more
Along with the exhibition, this event features conference tracks, expert talks, and panel discussions.
- 65,000 trade show visitors from over 100 countries
- Over 1,000 exhibitors
- Multiple exhibit options, including indoor exhibit hall and outdoor aircraft display
- 66% of trade show visitors who are purchasing or procurement decision makers
- Networking opportunities with government agencies and public sector representatives, research facilities, and business development agencies
LEARN MORE: https://www.ila-berlin.de/en
9. Defense and Security Equipment International
This global defense and security-focused event is held in London, UK. It’s next scheduled for September 12 to 15 in 2023, at the Exhibition Center London. DSEI helps businesses connect with government agencies and private-sector organizations from around the world. Delegates at this event work in land, naval, and aerospace defense and security.
DSEI typically features over 1,000 exhibitors. There are daily showcases and demonstrations, along with keynotes, seminars, and more. For delegates, there’s also a VIP service that matches them with relevant exhibitors. For exhibitors, this can mean additional leads, if you happen to be matched with any delegates at the show.
LEARN MORE: https://www.dsei.co.uk/
Huge Opportunities for Exhibitors in Defense and Tech Fields
These defense conferences and military expos represent some of the biggest events in the field. They represent major opportunities to connect and network, as well as showcase products and services to both local and international audiences.
Want to make sure your exhibit stands out among the best? Contact us to work with a team of trade show experts.